Sunday, February 17, 2013

My experience as a Carmelite Nun, a Medical Doctor in the Mexican Navy, as Epidemiologist with a Masters in Public Health, and my training in Social Sciences (Communication, Education and Psychology) gives me a comprehensive and holistic approach to Human and Social Development.. Involved in AIDS prevention since 1984, I helped start Mexico´s National AIDS Prevention Program with counseling services, supporting other Latin American countries as a WHO/PAHO/USAID/FHI consultant, with fundraising and support for NGO’s, actively upholding human rights for minority groups (sex-workers, men who have sex with men, street children, addicts, people with special needs, adolescents, women...). Involved in educational television and community health intervention strategies, I was honored with the Mexican National recognition, “Woman of the Year" for work in Gender and Sexual education.

1 comment: